Cannot host a bnet game if two people sharing the same switch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GillIT

Hey there,

For some reason, if one of us hosts a game the other cannot join. We can join other games as long as one of us is not hosting. I have read that this is one of the defects of bnet. But I was just curious if anyone has found a way around it.

I have tried with Starcraft, Diablo II, and Warcraft III with the same results.

Thanks.

Nope, won't work on Bnet. You can create a TCP/IP game though if you want to have just those 2 people play. It's because Bnet gets the IP of your internet, not the individual IP's that the switch assigns...so to Bnet, it looks like the same person is trying to join the game that they're already in.

D

Deathdealer

ive also been trying for like 5 years since i got starcraft!!!!!!!!
and there is no way you can host a game and someone on the
network can join..only other ppl from the internet can but the
other person can join any other game that SOMEONE else created

and i also i found out if your internet isnt plugged into a router you can join a game that someone on the internet made and you both can join!!!! but u might get dropped after awhile :( MIGHT

D

Deathdealer

Yes it will Gillit but im not sure what switch does but if you get different ips then you will be able to join eachothers game for sure

It's not just changing IP's....you each have to be playing from a different IP, which means you would have to pay for another internet connection.....if you really want to do it that bad, then go ahead, but it's really a waste of money.

Not likely...it's been there since the original BNet days, and to fix it, it would require a major upgrade to the Battle.Net system. Just play a LAN game or something.

D

Deathdealer

u can play with computers like in top vs bottom on LAN

but you cant play ums with computers unless the triggers

are set that way

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online