Cannot import C:WINDOWS\sp.reg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Doodle

About three days ago I was doing a search on the net. All of a sudden I get a pop-up ad and on top of it appeared my McAfee anti-virus holding a wiggling bug. It said my computer had contracted a Trojan named: Exploit-Byte Verify. As a matter of fact it showed two when I scanned "my computer" with my McAfee.

JS/IEStart.gen.d C:\WINDOWS\Sp.dll
It wouldn't let me delete this because it said: The file is either in use or it resides on a write ptotected media.

JS/IEStart.gen.d C:\WINDOWS\sp.reg
I was able to delete this one

Then I get another scan that says:
C:\WINDOWS\.ARCHIVE[1].JAR
Trojan name
Exploit-Byte Verify

So I did a scan of "my computer" and "C drive" with McAfee but nothing came up, so I did another scan and still nothing.

Now when I start my computer I get this message:

Cannot import C:WINDOWS\sp.reg: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error. Registry Editor

Everything seems to be working I can still log on to the sites I frequent, my Outlook Express is functioning. So what does this message mean?

Thanks in advance for any help PS I have Win/98

Doodle

I don't know what the problem is. I have HijackThis in my system but I can't open it.

Doodle

Alrighty, I've looked every where I can think and can't find how to unzip it. How do you do that?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online