1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot insert internet clipart into Word 97

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Carl S, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Carl S

Carl S Thread Starter

I choose "insert clipart" on Word 97, select "connect to web for additional clips" from Microsoft Clip Gallery 3.0, which takes me to Microsoft Office Online clipart.
    After selecting my art, I click on the download now button from the selection basket, answer yes to the file download prompt, the image starts to download, then I get an error message;
    "Could no open file
    C:\DOCUME-1\Carl\LOCALS-1\TEMPOR-1\Content.IE5\OPQXWGAB\CLIPAR-1.CIL

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. Carl S

Carl S Thread Starter

Hi kiwiguy, thanks for the suggestion.
    I've emptied the Temporary Internet Files, as you suggested, but sadly to no avail, I'm still getting the same problem.
    Perhaps if I was able to run a later verson of Clip Gallery it might resolve the problem, but I've searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and can't find any updates for it. There are various patches for Word 97, but this issue doesn't appear to be covered - unless I'm looking in the wrong place of course?!
    Any more ideas gratefully received!
    Thanks,
    Carl

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Is it possible that it isn't compatible with 97? It is ten years old. I can't check as I finally upgraded to '03 two years ago myself.
    Try to google office 97 clipart, maybe there will be an alternate site to get it from.

5. Carl S

Carl S Thread Starter

You may well be right, in that it might not be compatible! I never used to have a problem in the past when the Microsoft website gave the option to save the art to disc - once downloaded I could open the image from my C: disc and it was fine. Now the site only gives the option to open the image I get the same problem each time. I know the software is old now, but I had hoped at least MS would still support it!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice