Cannot instal sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wrinklysteve

Hope I'm in the right place.
I have 98SE installed on a MS6315 ver5 board (chipset 815E) with onboard sound. I cannot get sound working. System says I have MPU-401 compatible 'working properly' but multimedia properties shows no device. I've tried chipset setup and mpu-401 drivers with no success. I'd appreciate guidance, please.

Did you try re-installing the motherboard drivers from the disk that came with the machine?

wrinklysteve

daddyhominum said:
Did you try re-installing the motherboard drivers from the disk that came with the machine?
Thanks for this. The PC was a business cast-off that I refurbished for charity, therefore no disks. I download required setups from the Net, usually. I only put 98SE on it because its new - educationally impaired - owner wanted it as it is familiar to him. Anyway, it took longer than usual to find a sound driver that worked but I have now succeeded. I'll mark this one solved.
Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts