1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot instal sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wrinklysteve, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrinklysteve

wrinklysteve Thread Starter

Hope I'm in the right place.
    I have 98SE installed on a MS6315 ver5 board (chipset 815E) with onboard sound. I cannot get sound working. System says I have MPU-401 compatible 'working properly' but multimedia properties shows no device. I've tried chipset setup and mpu-401 drivers with no success. I'd appreciate guidance, please.

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Did you try re-installing the motherboard drivers from the disk that came with the machine?

3. wrinklysteve

wrinklysteve Thread Starter

Thanks for this. The PC was a business cast-off that I refurbished for charity, therefore no disks. I download required setups from the Net, usually. I only put 98SE on it because its new - educationally impaired - owner wanted it as it is familiar to him. Anyway, it took longer than usual to find a sound driver that worked but I have now succeeded. I'll mark this one solved.
    Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice