1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot install and uninstall Windows Essentials 2012.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BIGALX58, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGALX58

BIGALX58 Thread Starter

I reset my computer because Windows Live Mail was not connecting to the internet and was getting an error message saying that I have used the wrong password. Now, I still can't use WL Mail and Windows Essentials is still "installing" for the last several days. Consequently, I can't uninstall WL Mail or Windows Essentials or fix them. In addition, I think, because WLE is not installed officially, I can't see my saved videos and still get the same error message when I try to connect to WL Mail...error 0x80280006. I tried to reset my WL Mail password to no avail.
    BTW, I'm using Windows 10 and maybe it is partly to blame?
    I want to be able to use WL Mail and see my videos, but I don't know how. Please help. Thanks.

2. BIGALX58

BIGALX58 Thread Starter

While searching for info on my problem, I ran a scan of my system with a 'repair tool'...it found many errors and would fix them for a fee, but one of the things it did mention was that I have an Artemis virus. Could this be the cause of my problems>

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice