1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CANNOT INSTALL ANYTHING - Setpoint Logitech killing me

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by boscobrown, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boscobrown

boscobrown Thread Starter

I use to have a Logitech mouse and have since stopped using it and uninstalled the SETPOINT LOGITECH software using both the normal Control Panel Add Remove Programs and also downloaded Revo Uninstaller.

THE ISSUE: Everytime I try and run an .exe that uses the Microsoft Installer, instead of whatever it is I am trying to install starting, the SETPOINT LOGITECH software installer starts and wants me to reinstall the software. Even if the Logitech software is installed, I try and run a different .exe and the SETPOINT LOGITECH starts.

I have gone through and deleted anything I can find with "Logitech" and "Setpoint". Still happens.

Could there be an issue or corruption/virus with the windows installer where is calling the LOGITECH SOFTWARE?? Any way to fix or get around this as I cannot install anything on my PC. I have run Virus and Malware programs and says computer is clean.

The PC is an old work PC running windows XP and I don't have any discs for it.

PLEASE HELP........Thank you!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice