1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot install Easy CD Creator?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Chum, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

A little background...recent reformat and clean install of Win98SE.

Previous OS was Win98, and had no problems with this program.

When I try to install Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.0...it gives "Windows installer" error.

I found the latest "Windows Installer" from microsoft and installed that...no help.

If I try the install twice...it hangs the machine.

Once it got to the installshield wizard part and gave me an error message 1723...I have searched the microsoft knowledge base
    for this error message with no results

2. NicolaJane

NicolaJane

I had the exact same problem, I still dont know how to fix it so.. even though this isnt a help reply it is a sympathy reply...lets hope someone knows how to fix it!!!!

3. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

You`re not alone . Lots of hits on google , happy reading .;)

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Chum,
    Did you get this installer??
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=CEBBACD8-C094-4255-B702-DE3BB768148F

Try putting in the cd. Open windows Explorer and click on the drive with the cd. Make sure you have "Show all files" Checked in folder options. Copy all the files on the cd to a folder ( make a new folder if you want). When all the files are copied, remove cd. Go to folder with the copied files. Click on the setup and see if it wil let you install. You can then remove those files.

5. Miz

Miz

Some getting the 1723 error have reported success in installing Easy CD Creator by turning off their anti-virus program before starting the installation. Norton AV was most often cited as the culprit.

It's worth a shot, anyway.

6. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Don't have an AV program...but never mind...I got the software installed...here's the weird part...for grins I put the install disk in my CD/RW drive....and it installed without a hitch...does this mean there is something wrong with my DVD rom? I used it to install all my other programs...so I guess not.

Thanks for the replies!(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice