1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot install Live Essentials 2011 - Error 0x800b0003

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gfarand, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gfarand

gfarand Thread Starter

Hi all !

Does anybody know wth is wrong with my PC ? I've been trying for days to install the newest version of Live Essentials, and it just won't happen. Any time i try, i get the following messeage in a dialog box :

Couldn't install programs
    Please try installing Windows Live programs again

An unknown error occured
    Error: 0x800b0003
    Source: WaitForCatalog

I've been on all the sites and forums i could find, and followed every solution offered, but nothing helps. Can any of you enlighten me ?

2. getitdone

getitdone

I also have the exact same error message and have tried the known solutions.
    Still no luck.
    Would appreciate the solution (especially from Microsoft)

3. ac6kd

ac6kd

Mine wouldn't install either on Win 7 .... but succeeded after using the Windows Install Clean Up Tool from Microsoft. Took out all the Windows Live installers (won't harm your existing data). Also run- msconfig and disable the Windows Live updater in the startups as a precaution. Re-boot system and try the Windows Live Essential installer again. Worked for me ! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice