Cannot install McAfee WebAdvisor

Rudy2206

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200615014153.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (798 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO 30C7, ver SDK0J40700 WIN 3258032275213
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 14A0, s/n R301R78L
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
Have tried to reinstall McAfee WebAdvisor and have tried everything I could think of. Will not install even in Safe mode. I know it is kind of spyware but I like the program anyway. Any Ideas?

Do you have the McAfee Secure Search as your search engine in your browser? If so, remove that from your browser search engine. Once that done, close the browser and reboot system. Then try reinstalling it.

You'll find windows 10 doesn't play nice with 3rd party AV's..........and as such MS recommends users to use Defender.

In the meantime download Malwarebytes....its free and run a scan and see if it flags your McAfee WebAdvisor as malicious or malware.

Rudy2206

I don't have any other McAfee software installed. I have shut down my other AV and used only defender. I also have Malwarebytes and nothing is detected. Like I said, I have tried everything I can think of and it won't reinstall. Thanks for the tips but I have tried these. Maybe I should just give up and not worry about it but like I said, I do like the program.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What error message(s) are you getting when trying to do the install?

Rudy2206

I click on downloaded program and attempt to install and I get the message: Your installation did not install properly. Sorry, looks like we are having some issues. Please try again. When I try again I get the same messages repeated.

I don't have any other McAfee software installed.
It's not software....it's a search engine that gets attached to your browser during the original install of said software. Did you check your browser for how many search engines are listed?

Try RevUninstaller....its free. Download that and see if it shows up in the installed programs list. Then maybe you can uninstall it completely and then reinstall it. I wouldn't reinstall it....just keep Defender active.

Rudy2206

Have tried that as well and was told after uninstalling to restart and reinstall. That didn't work either. I have deactivated my other AV program and closed Malwarebytes and tried an install and got the same error messages above. Thanks for the thought!

Rudy2206

Have tried that as well and was told after uninstalling to restart and reinstall. That didn't work either. I have deactivated my other AV program and closed Malwarebytes and tried an install and got the same error messages above. Thanks for the thought!
I also do not have a McAfee search listed and use DuckDuck GoGo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online