1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Install USB Printer On Win98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Riempie, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

I have a Pentium2 233Mhz PC.I installed a USB 1.1 pci card which installed good.The problem is that I want to connect a Lexmark Z612 Printer to the PC.
    When I plug it in it picks up a new device.Windows says that the device is unknown and I cannot get get windows to take the driver from the lexmark cd.
    The installation program also does not detect that the printer is connected.

Do I need some kind of patch for Win98 to function properly with USB devices ?

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i tried years ago to use usb on a '97mb/233/98se system that didn't come with usb, to which i added to a connector on the mb and it never worked right.

you're setup is too old to have reliable usb.
    i would venture that the mb goes back to '97 or so. :cool:

3. walkeriam

walkeriam

I could be wrong but I believe that print needs USB 2.0 to work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice