Cannot Install USB Printer On Win98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Riempie

I have a Pentium2 233Mhz PC.I installed a USB 1.1 pci card which installed good.The problem is that I want to connect a Lexmark Z612 Printer to the PC.
When I plug it in it picks up a new device.Windows says that the device is unknown and I cannot get get windows to take the driver from the lexmark cd.
The installation program also does not detect that the printer is connected.

Do I need some kind of patch for Win98 to function properly with USB devices ?

bearone2

Banned
i tried years ago to use usb on a '97mb/233/98se system that didn't come with usb, to which i added to a connector on the mb and it never worked right.

you're setup is too old to have reliable usb.
i would venture that the mb goes back to '97 or so. :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online