1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot install win xp sp2

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by motu_15, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motu_15

motu_15 Thread Starter

This machiene has Fedora core 6 currently loaded on the ATA133 150 gb segate drive with an AMD 3200+ 2.2ghz and 1.25 gig of ram along side a Geforce 5900xt all riding on the a7n8x nforce 2 chipset.

This is a kick butt system however Vista does not support my hardware and linux is not using my swap file correctly.

I put in the legal copy of windows xp sp2 and boot my pc asks me to press any key to boot from cd and upon completion the screen reads Setup is inspecting your hardware configuration.... then the screen is black jack and there aint no going back I've left it up for hours. Tried booting using the BARTS ultimate boot cd, same thing. Tried a floppy boot disk and I get a similar issue. Even when trying to boot from a USB I have trouble. But Fedora core still comes up fine and I can boot into that setup. I don't know what is going on.

2. bbearren

bbearren

Your linux boot loader most likely is not allowing access to the drive.

What file system is your hard drive formatted in?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice