1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot install windows 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by malcolm259, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. malcolm259

malcolm259 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 16
    RAM: 16313 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (134 GB Free); D: 2794 GB (1671 GB Free); E: 223 GB (108 GB Free); H: 3726 GB (1796 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

I have got a Samsung 970 evo plus and I cannot install windows 10 in the bios I have disabled the csm
    and I have cleared the secure boot keys but it stall dos not work

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, what bios are you running? The 2700X requires bios 6004 or later. Note that particual bios has issues with fan control so I would go with a later bios ie 6903.
    Next when you install on a nvme type drive, you need to have ALL other drives disconnected ie pull the pw connectors.
    Before attempting another install, I would do the following;
    1 Update the bios to the latest one
    2 Test the ram with memtest for at least 1hr
    3 Secure erase the samsung drive. Note your board has a utility built into the bios for secure erase of drives. I have used this on samsung drives and it works fine
    If memtest passes, then attempt an install.
    I have that exact same board running a 1700X overclocked to 3.9gig. It absolutely bullet proof; very high quality board.
    Next thing. Post your exact specs ie exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. 16gig of ram does not tell us much however 8x2 of corsair xxx1123 ram tells us a lot more. Ryzen is picky regarding ram. I have used corsair LPX ram in a number of ryzen builds and it works very well however you do need to adjust vdimm or ram voltage manually to 1.35V.

3. malcolm259

thanks the ram is corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8gb 3200mhz I am running bios v7002 I have done memtest all ok

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Then secure erase the nvme drive using the built in utility. Once done install windows using the media creation tool to make a bootable usb drive. Be sure ALL other drives [other than the nvme] are disconnected prior to starting the install.

5. malcolm259

thanks for your help

6. malcolm259

thanks but it did not work still cannot install windows 10

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Then you have a hardware problem; ie bad board, failing pw supply, bad drive, etc. The ONLY way you are going to find out which one it is, is by testing each part in a bench system.
    Have you checked your temps and voltages in the bios? If not, do so and post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice