1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Load Drivers Win Me

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by SONICGC, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SONICGC

SONICGC Thread Starter

I am using WIN ME, with 128 Meg RAM, PII 266. I cannot load any new device drivers. Using the add new hardware in the control panel if the driver is copied from the disk containing the driver, the new device is still not shown in the System, or the computer freezes while copying the drivers. I have reinstalled Rundll32.exe and run Sircam virus checker, but to no avail. What should I do, short of reloading Windows? Thanks.

2. Hairy

Hairy

hi SONICGC and welcome to TSG........

don't suppose you have Norton System works?

3. SONICGC

SONICGC Thread Starter

Yes I do, but its the 2002 version.

4. Hairy

Hairy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice