1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot load Windows update.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by inspirat, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inspirat

inspirat Thread Starter

I require updates for mi Windows XP home edition. However, I cannot load the Widows Update page!

I open IE 6 and the page just loads forever!

Any suggestions?

2. BillC

BillC

Are you using a firewall and if so, which one?

3. inspirat

inspirat Thread Starter

Yes. I use Zonealarm Pro.

4. BillC

BillC

I thought I smelled ZAP in the mix. I too use ZAP and love it but sometimes it needs to be tweaked. TY this. Open your ZAP control panel, go to the Privacy tab, then click on your Site List tab. Now click on the 'add' button, enter update.microsoft.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the new entry on the Site List, right click on it, then select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything that is checked clicking 'apply' as you go through. Finally clean your browser cache and try the site again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/383728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice