cannot locate "Accessories", Ms. Chelsea_c

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chelsea_c

My Windows operating system is Mellinium Edition and Pentium 111.
When going to Start, then Programs, I cannot locate "Accessories", it has simply disappeared from the screen. How can I restore that important folder?
Many thanks. Chelsea_c :confused:

Hi chelsea_c,

[size=+1]Welcome to Tech Support Guy![/size]

If you have your Win Me disk.

Click on Control Panel

Add/Remove Programs

At the top choose Windows Setup tab

Put a check by Accessories

Click on the Have Disk button and follow the instructions.

chelsea_c

Many thanks to you Guys for your promptness in replying to my querie.
I have followed your instructions and would like to emphasize that the check mark was never removed from the box in the Windows Setup tab. I have inserted the ME Disk and followed the instructions but was not successful in restoring the "Accessories" folder. Should I un/install the whole thing and then re-install it? Regards, Chelsea_c

First do a search and see if you can find the Accessories folder.

Click Start

Search (for files or folders)

and type Accessories

Note: Mine is located in C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs

If they just disappeared it might pay you to go here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
and do an online virus scan........just to be safe. :)
Also when you go into the controlpanel>add and remove> win setup>accessories, double click on accessories and see if they show themselves. ;)

chelsea_c

Many thanks A Hawk for your prompt reply, it is much appreciated, however the problem pesists. Regards, Chelsea_c

Do as VirtualMe said is the first post:
If you have your Win Me disk.

Click on Control Panel

Add/Remove Programs

At the top choose Windows Setup tab

Put a check by Accessories

Click on the Have Disk button and follow the instructions

BUT first UNCHECK Accessories to uninstall it and apply, THEN follow the steps to re-install it.

See if that works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online