Cannot Log In to Facebook!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChristoperCG

Hello,

Cannot recall password to my Hotmail account, which is the one Facebook has for me. Facebook also has only an old cell phone number for me, a closed account. Hotmail is not allowing me to recover my password; it's all differently formatted, since when I opened the email account, on Hotmail, years ago.

I've opened a brand new Yahoo email, verified, working properly. Facebook will not allow me to use this email, to recover my Facebook password, mainly because they cannot verify me, using that old cell phone account (closed, no access whatsoever).

I've been around and around, in this horrible loop, straining for over an hour, trying to find some way for Facebook to recognize me, so I can begin to reset my Facebook password. At last it did indeed find my account. (Correct photo is displayed, with my name, etc.). But I'm not getting any farther and this whole process is totally frustrating.

Main problem seems to be that the old cell (closed account) is not accessible; this is the only phone number they have, associated with my Facebook account.

No idea what to do or try next. If Hotmail somehow would allow me to recover my password, it seem that Facebook would then let me reset the Facebook password. This is all I want.

Any thoughts/suggestions will sure be appreciated--BIG TIME!!

Many thanks!

ChristopherCG

Oddba11

Jim
None of the automatic recovery options are going to work if you don't keep your account information up to date. Your only option will be to contact Facebook support and see if they can help. But as your account information is no longer valid, I don't know what they will be able to do either. You will likely end up having to create a new account.

Good luck.

ChristoperCG

None of the automatic recovery options are going to work if you don't keep your account information up to date. Your only option will be to contact Facebook support and see if they can help. But as your account information is no longer valid, I don't know what they will be able to do either. You will likely end up having to create a new account.

Good luck.
Yes, I certainly agree! You are no doubt exactly correct. Greatly appreciate your taking the time to respond, because it gives me confidence to push forward now and create a new account. Many thanks!

ChristoperCG

Yes, I certainly agree! You are no doubt exactly correct. Greatly appreciate your taking the time to respond, because it gives me confidence to push forward now and create a new account. Many thanks!

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
You'll be back when Facebook won't let you create the new account because it already has an account with all your details and won't allow duplicates!! ;)

I jest, but I won't be surprised if I'm right.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online