Cannot log into windows 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Celice

My sister gave me an old crappy computer that has always been temperamental. Now when I turn it on there is a window with username:administrator, and password: (blank)
I've never had to put in a user name or password before and it's been so long my sister doesn't even remember what hers was.
Help!!! How do I get through?
Thanks,
Celice

Celice

hi,
i've asked my sister and she says she definitly had a password, she just can't remember it. And I've tried just leaving it blank. Didn't work. Anything else I can try?
Thanks,
Celice

bearone2

Banned
if there's nothing on it that you/sister want/need, use a w98se bootdisk, fdisk, remove, create the partition, format and do the w2k install.

Hi guys!
It looks like I'm having similar issues. This laptop was connected to a Network and it is Novell password protected. I want to use it with Windows 2000 straight up. Is there any way to disable the Novell thingy or any way to work around? Please help!

You do not need to reinstall if you forgot the admin password.

There is a boot disk you can download at:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

that will let you reset the password of any account on NT4, Windows2000 or XP.

Just follow all the default settings which are for the admin account. Used it many
times with great success.

They also have a bootable CD image you can download.

Bob Cerelli said:
You do not need to reinstall if you forgot the admin password.

There is a boot disk you can download at:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

that will let you reset the password of any account on NT4, Windows2000 or XP.

Just follow all the default settings which are for the admin account. Used it many
times with great success.

They also have a bootable CD image you can download.
Its a nice piece of software but the gui is not the greatest for beginners.But it does work.

There's not much to do. Just take all the defaults. But do you have any other free options you would recommend in it's place?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online