1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot log on to certain sites I once was able to

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Loyale, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Loyale

Loyale Thread Starter

Help me please!!

I can no longer log on to certain sites that I was once able to. When I type in my name and password and it will start to load the page then all of a sudden it takes me to my desktop. Happens to me on pages denversingles.com and spiritualsingles.com.... any one know why? I started /w/ deleting cookies and have no fire wall (I think), I also read about not going through a proyx server. I am not computer literate, and don't know what else to do...

PLEASE help :confused: TIA Loyale

2. J. Franklin

J. Franklin

Has your memberships with these site expired? If you do not have a paid membership with these sites then, you have a trial membership. Most likely these trail memberships have expired. I don't know the exact details of your sitaution. But, this is something to consider.

3. Loyale

Loyale Thread Starter

I thought that as well, but they are free sites. On one I have been a member for about two years. It does the same thing with some email I try to open, people send me a link and when I click on the link.... it takes me straight to my desktop.
    So I am not sure if I need to take it in and have it looked at and fixed??.. .I would like to be able to do it myself, rather than pay to have someone else do it .

Any other thoughts here???....

TIA Loyale

4. Loyale

Loyale Thread Starter

Oh I just went and clicked on the chat icon from this page and it did the same thing took me straight back to my desktop!!!

:mad:
    Loyale

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!