1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot login to windows 7. I have not changed the password

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by brianpreese, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brianpreese

brianpreese Thread Starter

It says my password is incorrect

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You need to provide more details and information than that.
    We're not there, so you're the only one that knows what the problem is and why it may have occurred.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. brianpreese

I turned my computer on. I tried to login. It said my password was incorrect. I have not changed anything and have used the same password for years to login. I have a Dell Inspiron 1564. Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't know if it matters, but my battery became dislodged somehow the night before. I Put it back in. The next morning I could not login.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Is this a Windows password or a machine password??

5. brianpreese

It's the password I use to login to the computer. I'm not sure which that would be. I'm using the guest login at the moment. My side cannot be accessed.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    We have no way to confirm that you're the actual owner of that laptop and why you're wanting to access its Administrator account, so I'm not sure if we can help you.
    I've requested one of the Moderators or Administrators here to chime in and make that decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. brianpreese

I can understand that thought process, but I believe people are inherently good. You obviously have a different opinion.

8. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You need to understand that this is a PUBLIC forum and advising how to bypass passwords on your system would also apply and be used to many other machines as well and some of those WILL be hack attempts.

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    That's not my opinion at all.
    We have certain rules here that we need to abide by, whether people agree with them or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure that neither Caps Lock nor Num Lock is on.

In case there is a problem with the keyboard try using the onscreen keyboard.

Not much else we can say. One of the Rules to which you agreed when you joined today ...

• Bypassing Passwords (read more)
      Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Since those are the rules I must close this thread.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice