1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot Login windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by daved247, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daved247

daved247 Thread Starter

I can't login to my windows 2000 PC. I think i erased all users and even administrator. Is there anyway around the login screen?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Did you or didn't you delete all the users? There is only one way to do it.

3. Aviator

Aviator

daved247

Hey, I haven't tried this yet, but there is away to access your 2000 pro machine by using Recovery Console on your 2000 cd rom. Start your computer with the 2000 disk in the drive. At the welcome screen, press F10, or R to repair. Press C to start Recovery Console.

I found some information about Recovery Console at: www.naspa.net or goto google.com, search for Recovery Console.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Not sure that this will apply here.

People often find themselves locked out of their Windows 2000 or Windows NT systems as a result of a lost password for the Administrator account. Usually people consider the system a lost cause and start rebuilding it. However, you can use the following tip to work around this problem. When Win2K or NT boots, the OS usually displays the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen for approximately 20 minutes before the display changes and the logon box moves around the screen. When this happens, the machine has activated the screensaver logon.scr. If you replace this file with an alternative file (e.g., cmd.exe), the system will run this file under the system account instead of logon.scr. At this point, a user could issue a command such as Net User, usermgr.exe, or compmgmt.msc to reset the Administrator password.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!