1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot move or copy files with files & folders task manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by papad, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papad

papad Thread Starter

Can someone help me figure this out?
    I cannot move or copy files, folders, or pictures when using the XP files & folders task manager LINKS on the left side of window. These links will no longer move or copy files to new locations. I just get instant hangup when I click these links provided in XP view. When I try to close the hungup window it shows that it is not responding. I find no alerts in control panel/administrative tools/event viewer.
    PS
    I am still able to copy/paste the files and also able to drag & drop. This is a slight inconvenience & hopefully fixable?
    Win XP 2002 SP2
    Int. Explorer browser
    512MB RAM
    8+GB free space
    All Win security updates are installed
    Running trend PC Cillin (up to date)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/461902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice