1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot open Excel, Work, Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tigerlilly, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Thread Starter

Only after I installed Office Service pack 2, running on Win XP Pro, with Office XP or even with Office 2000, I cannot open Work, excel or Powerpoint docs. The Message I receive: "The file....... is not available ". Then I click OK then try to X out of the open program, then message appears: "Changes have been made that effect the global template Normal.dot, do you want to save those changes?" I click No and I X again finaly gets me out of the program. I can open a new document, but I cannot open an existing document. This still happens when I open the document from the file menu from the open program. I even tried uninstalling Office and reinstalling it, Both Office XP and Office 2000 versions. This only happens when I installed Office Service pack 2.
    Somehow it is not seeing or linking to the microsoft document. I can however open docs with word pad. I even disableld Norton. I have installed this update on several work stations with no problems.

I need this service pack to resolve an Oulook problem to send emails with SMPT.covadmail.net).

HELP

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice