1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot open excle file created from MS-Office 2007 but later saved in Open Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by manrojit, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manrojit

manrojit Thread Starter

I had created a spreadsheet file in MS-Office 2007 with extensio (xls).After few day i formatted my computer and installed xp and then opend the same file using OpenOffice.I saved the changes but forgot to change the extension to xls.So after when i tried to open the file from MS-Office 2007,it tell
    "The file you are trying to open is in different form than specified by the file extension.Verify thtat the file is not corrupted and is from trusted source before opening the file.Do you wnat to open the file now?"
    And when i click ok...the spread sheet is blank..
    then i tried opening with OpenOffice but asks for text imports...but again the spreadsheet is blank...
    the size of the file is as before....
    Is there any solution..or it need a professionls to get the thing done.
    the file is very important for me...so pleas help me get the file...
    i will be glad to get the solution...

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Unless it contained sensitive data, could you post the Calc file here so that we can take a look.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice