Cannot open JPG file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chiho

Dear all experts, I hope you can help me in this issue. I felt very unhappy....

When I got graduation, I took many photos with my friends, family, etc...

The photos is very valuable for me. I copy all the photo in my PC. I can open them without any problem.

Today, I open them again, I cannot open them!! I have tried the following options...

1. Open it in File Explorer
2. Open it in ACDSee
3. Open it in another notebook PC
4. Move it to my DC
5. Upload to my online album

But I still cannot open the photo again...

I have a folder "Photo" in my harddisk and have different sub-folders under it, just serveral sub-photos contain problem. (meant that I cannot see all photo in the sub-folders contain problem)

On the other hand, I cannot see the exif information in the photo. I sure that the photos havn't contain virus.

I beg you to help me on this issue because the photos is very valuable for me.

Thank you very much.

Welcome!

When you say you "can not open them", what -exactly- happens?

Any error messages?

Hello Chiho

Welcome to tsg

chiho said:
I have a folder "Photo" in my harddisk and have different sub-folders under it, just serveral sub-photos contain problem.
Can you try and upload one of the sub-photo files so we can try and open them.

To upload a photo read this:

Go to the message window at the bottom of this page and click "Go Advanced" Scroll down to and click "manage attachments". In the window that appears browse to the folder that has the picture you want to upload, select it and click "upload", click "Close this window" complete your message and submit reply.

If you haven't already used the camera card to take more pics, don't use it any further. You may have transfered them recently, or the card/camera has been well used since - you don't say. If not used since, you may have the option of recovering them once again from the card, even if you deleted them from the card after transfering them to your computer.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Are you running a good up-to-date anti-virus program, and have you scanned for viruses? Some viruses infect JPEG files and destroy them.

buck52

Banned
chiho said:
I copy all the photo in my PC. I can open them without any problem.

Today, I open them again, I cannot open them!!
What have you done to create this problem?...

as kiwiguy asked ... what error message?

buck

chiho

Thanks for you all reply. I really think that you all guys are very friendly and helpful.

1. When I open it by using ACDSee, the program show a blank screen. When I click on the "Properties" on the file, I can't see any exif information for the photo.

2. I have used the card/camera many times and also ok. Besides, I sure that I can view the photo on my PC before.

3. Attached please find a sample of the photo (a zip file, a photo in one of the problem sub-folders). If it really destory by virus, how can I rescue them?

Frankly speaking, I really don't know how I generate such problem. The pictures is really important and valuable to me, so please help me, thanks.

Attachments

buck52

Banned
Howdy chiho

I can't open that doc/zip...

you may need to use a recovery program...

can you upload a single file...must be less than 200 kb

buck

chiho

buck52 said:
Howdy chiho

I can't open that doc/zip...

you may need to use a recovery program...

can you upload a single file...must be less than 200 kb

buck

Dear buck, thanks for your help so much.

It may some difficulties for me to upload the original .JPG file less than 200K because all of my photo at least 300K

Please save as the file into zip format and it can be opened fine.

Please let me know if you still hv problem, thanks.

chiho

DoubleHelix

Banned
I can't open that JPEG. It must be corrupted in some manner. There are some JPEG repair programs available. Have you looked into any of those?

chiho

DoubleHelix said:
I can't open that JPEG. It must be corrupted in some manner. There are some JPEG repair programs available. Have you looked into any of those?
Thanks DoubleHelix

I have tried several but seem not work very well.

I would be very pleased if you have any suggestion, thanks.

buck52

Banned
sorry about the link...
can you attach the photo you are haveing trouble with...

buck

chiho

buck52 said:
sorry about the link...
can you attach the photo you are haveing trouble with...

buck

Dear buck,

Sorry for I cannot attached the original file to here because the photo size is large then 200K. Would you mind send a privete message to me with your email address so that I can send the photo to you directly.

Thank you very much.

chiho

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online