1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot open multiple IE windows

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rugger42, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rugger42

rugger42 Thread Starter

I really don't know if i am using the correct terminology, but I will try to explain the problem as best I can. Basiclly, I can open internet explorer fine, and it works fine, but if I minimize that window and try to open IE again it closes the IE window that I used previously, and goes to my homepage. So I cannot have multiple windows of IE open at the same time.

I hope you guys can understand that. I also had trouble setting my homepage, but after adjusting some settings in spysweeper, I was able to change my homepage. This makes me think the problems might be related. I have a relatively new computer with windows XP and a cable internet connection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

I think you want to do this.

tools>options>advanced and under browsing uncheck "reuse windows for launching shortcuts."

3. rugger42

rugger42 Thread Starter

That box was already unchecked, thanks for the help though.

4. Knotbored

Knotbored

Have you tried FILE/NEW/WINDOW
    I just tried that method and got a new IE window identical to this one. From that new window I could go to google without affecting the message window, and without going back to my home page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518329