1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Cannot open volume for direct access" error in flash drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xITmasterx, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xITmasterx

xITmasterx Thread Starter

There was a problem with my flash drive recently. I was transfering files into my flash drive in windows xp, when explorer.exe suddenly slowed down when it starts transferring the Mac OS X music files of Sonic 06. Since it was my bedtime, I decided to shut down the computer while this was going on .

I went to the computer shop the next day to continue my transfer, but when I decided to open my flash drive, the explorer.exe of that computer suddenly slowed down. I thought that the computer won't accept my flash drive, so when I went to the computer lab at school to use my flash drive once more, the same thing happened. So I went to use chkdsk to check and fix the problem, but then the error stated that it "Cannot open volume for direct access".

I'm not sure what went wrong, any ideas on fixing this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice