1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot pick up emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Roz40uk, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roz40uk

Roz40uk Thread Starter

I have an email account with Dabsol.co.uk and access it via my Freeserve isp, but for the past 3 days it just comes up with an error message!
    The host 'mail.dabsol.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.dabsol.net', Server: 'mail.dabsol.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    I have looked on their OH SO UNHELPFUL SITE!! and tried their helpine number which appears to be a fax machine or internet line! They have no email facility either! None of my settings have been changed or anything so how do I find out what is happening??:mad: :mad: :confused:
    Thankyou!!

2. bigtuna420

bigtuna420

if you have a firewall running try disabling it and see if you can check your mail

3. Roz40uk

Roz40uk Thread Starter

We don't have a firewall running..but thanks anyway:confused:

4. dtugg

dtugg

So your internet connection is through Freeserve isp and you mail account is through another ISP?

Most ISP's will let you receive e-mail if you are NOT on thier "network", but you cannot send anything through their mail servers if not online with them.. It's to help prevent spamming.

Take a look at the following link: http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/oe_errors_0x800ccc0e.html

dtugg

5. Jeckler

Jeckler

I can't even get to their website right now. Can't ping it either. Get host not found. Forgot to pay their Internic fees maybe? What kind of ISP are they? Meaning, do they just offer email, or are they full service?

Tried loading a google cached page, it looks they're a free service. None of the images will load even on the cached pages.

I'd keep trying for a day or so. Doesn't sound to me like it's anything on your end.

Maybe they went out of business?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/109152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice