1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Cannot play a video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by PCBuilder, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    When I log into the CBC GEMs website (https://gem.cbc.ca/media/coroner/season-1/episode-0/38e815a-0101713d859) to watch a program, I get "We could not play the video you requested. Please ensure you have Flash installed. (Error #WT-13 ( This video file cannot be played. ))." I have Flash installed but I wonder if this may be a limitation of Windows 7?
    Can anyone help?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 580 @ 2.67GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3765 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 452 GB (324 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, TravelMate 6594
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Double check if your web browser has Flash enabled. It may be disabled as a security measure.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Not a limitation of Windows 7 because we own four Windows 7 computers and can play flash content in all of them.
    Unfortunately, because I am not in Canada, I can not see the content on the link you posted.

There are three versions of flash. One for Internet Explorer (activex), one for Firefox (NPAPI) and its derivatives and one for Opera and Chromium based browsers (PPAPI). Do you have the flash for the browser you are using installed?

After you check addons/plugins to be sure you have flash version 32.0.0.156 make sure it is set to Always activate or Ask to activate and not set to Never activate.

5. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I (re)installed Flash - version 32.0.0.156 but I get the same result. Attached is the info on Flash. I am using MS IE. I'll try Google Chrome.

Attached Files:

6. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    I've just tried the streaming on Google Chrome and it seems to work so I'll work with that unless anyone has a solution to my IE difficulties.

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    In IE I see the problem.
    In the box that says you have approved this addon to run on the following websites, you don't have
    https://gem.cbc.ca listed

Remove the * that is in there because that won't work and add the website. You need each particular website listed, not an asterisk.

8. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    Hi plodr. The area where the '*' shows does not allow anything to be entered. I can either 'Remove All Sites' or 'Allow All Sites.' In either of these two modes, the windows which shows the '*' never gets focus. Am I missing something?

9. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    The site doesn't use Flash. Firefox and Chrome should play it without a problem.

10. PCBuilder

PCBuilder Thread Starter

First Name:
    Richard
    That makes sense Amy; thanks! I'll continue using Chrome.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice