Cannot play Data CDs...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rodeognome

I did a "repair install" of XP the other day to repair a virus related problem that occured a couple of months ago.

Up until the other day my cd-rw played Audio and Data CD's perfectly.

Now however (after the repair install) it will only play Audio CD's.

ps. after the "repair install" the drive letters for my cd-rw changed from "E" to "D". Would this have anything to do with the problem??

dai

i cannot put my finger on it in windows as i have relied on p/m for awhile now,see if this helps.
To refresh drive letter, file system, and volume information
Open Computer Management (Local).
In the console tree, click Disk Management.
Where?

Computer Management (Local)
Storage
Disk Management

On the Action menu, click Refresh.
Notes

To open Computer Management, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.
When you click the Refresh command, Disk Management refreshes drive letter, file system, volume, and removable media information, and also checks to see if unreadable volumes are now readable. However, it does not scan hardware. To update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.