Cannot print after explorer crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

columbo

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a way to print, either locally or to a network printer, after explorer has crashed on a workstation? My client was attempting to print a session report in MYOB, when his system hung. Pressing ctrl-alt-del showed that explorer was not responding, so I ended it, and the system dropped all the apps in the sys tray. MYOB was still up and running fine, but couldn't print. I checked both the local printer, and our network printer, and it wouldn't even print a test page (error saying Windows couldn't print a test page).
Basically, I want to know if there is a way to re-start up Windows print services, without restarting Windows (as we don't want to lose the ability to print this particular session report). I've tried removing and re-adding printers, re-installing the drivers, and I'm out of ideas.
OS is Windows 98SE.

columbo

:(

Oh. No way around it, eh? Oh well, no harm in trying.

Thanks SavvyLady

put it this way.... if its not going to do it...theres nothing you can do to fix it....
cold boot / restarting is the only thing left to do

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.