1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot print at all, not to PDF, not to paper

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Alex Ethridge, Aug 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have had this problem but with a slight difference, I could print to Notepad and nothing else but this time, I can't print from any program at all, not Word, not Notepad, not to PDF and not to my paper printer. I open "See what's printing" and the print jobs are just stuck there.

The last time it printed was at 9:38 PM yesterday. I have used system restore to backdate to 4 days ago and still can't print. I have stopped and started the print spooler, no help.

I'm lost.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Is there any errors to the jobs?

3. Alex Ethridge

Not to Adobe Acrobat. Paper printer says "Error printing on (printer name)".

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    what do you mean you can print to notepad?

5. Alex Ethridge

Cannot print from any program to anything.

6. Alex Ethridge

I'm not going to mark this solved because neither a cause or solution was found.

I have had a retail version of Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from Microsoft on a machine that has been in storage for several years so I used this as an opportunity to switch my main computer from Home to Pro. I'm now able to print (of course).

I also imaged the drive at three stages of completeness just in case the problem recurred at some point.

Thanks for trying to help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice