1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot put operating system on sata hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WOODY210363, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WOODY210363

WOODY210363 Thread Starter

I have got a system that was running xp on a sata hard drive which was cloned onto a second sata hard drive. The main hard drive started freezing on the welcome screen and so I started using the second hard drive but the same has happened to that. I could not boot in safe mode or last known good configuration etc.
    I decided to format the first hard drive and put xp back on it but every time I try to do so after it has been formatted and the xp files have been loaded onto the drive when it comes to reboot in order to load the files the computer will not load the files and just starts the whole process again of setting up windows and then giving me the option of formatting etc I am just going round in circles.

Is there something special that needs to be done with a sata hard drive in order to put xp on it?
    Does anybody have any idea what the initial problem was with freezing screens?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/838155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice