1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot re-install office pro plus 2007 ?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by neil5866, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neil5866

neil5866 Thread Starter

had to do a repair re-install on my laptop a few weeks back . my microsoft office pro plus 2007 would not work ? so i followed all the resolutions in microsoft forums, tried to uninstall, first through control panel then with fix it, and then manually in registry editor etc...tried a clean boot then tried re installing from my disc. still no go... i now keep getting this when i try to install.....error message.......error 1321.setup. cannot modify the file C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12\cultures\OFFICE.ODF. verify that the file exists in your system and you have sufficient permissions to update it ??? please help anyone ... much appreciated... Neil ps have tried installing to a new folder. have checked that the folder i was trying to install it to had the `encrypt contents to secure data `unchecked,have tried right clicking `run as administrator`..... NO JOY !!!

2. pip22

pip22

Judging by the inability of anyone to supply you with a successful fix on other forums you've posted on, and the length of time you've been fighting this problem, I suggest you bite the bullet and do a complete Windows re-install after backing up your data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1073941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice