1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot re-use retail Win7 Key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adam3088, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam3088

adam3088 Thread Starter

I'm trying to re-activate my retail copy of Win7 Home Premium but having some problems, due to my previous one dieing I've got a new motherboard which gave it the idea it's a new computer resulting in an 'unable to activate product' message.

Tried phoning up the activation line and that's telling me that my key is not valid for use on more then one pc, but I was under the impression that non-OEM keys could be re-activated as long as they were not being used on multiple machines at the same time.

Edit: Problem solved, tried the activation line again and it put me through to a person rather then just cutting me off, who kindly gave me an ID.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Please mark this thread "Solved", by using the solved button above your first post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice