1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot reach single server box by Domain name only

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by djkurzman, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djkurzman

djkurzman Thread Starter

I'm trying to work with my server guys on this, but I think the problem may be more local. I cannot reach my personal web servers by pop3, http or ftp when using my domain names. I have tried logging in by server IP and everything works fine. They tell me that they can reach the sites ok and a secondary lookup website was able to ping by domain name.

I have used my command prompt and 3 different browsers, rebooted my entire system, shut down firewalls, cleared all caches (browser and dns) and rebooted again. Every other site on the web shows up fine, but mine just say 'server not found'. The only other posts I've seen have dealt with people who couldn't look up any domains at all, or are trying to access an intranet domain. I am just having trouble with 3 domains on a shared web server.

I have a vonage/motorola router, motorola modem and PC running WinXP

Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/782466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice