1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot read data CD-R - please help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kjlyttle, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjlyttle

kjlyttle Thread Starter

I know there is data on some of my CD-R's made on another computer with Win2000 (I am running WinXP).... It even shows in the properties that there is no free space on the CD... BUT, there in NOTHING in the folder on the CD. Has anyone come accross this?

I have also tried looking at the CD on a computer with Win 2000, and I get the same problem. What went wrong? I made like 10 CDs all the same way and about half I can read no problem and the other half, I am having this issue.

Any tips on getting the data off these CD's? I need it and I can no longer access the original data.
    Thanks!
    K

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you knoiw what app burned the CD's? Possibly they are formatted UDF CD's.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!