1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot receive email on Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gjtahal, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjtahal

gjtahal Thread Starter

Hi, Techguy,

I have a laptop running on Windows XP. My problme is with Outlook 2007 and I used Yahoo mail.

IT all started (on a dark and hot night J/K) three days ago when I turned on my outlook 2007. It asked if I wanted to Archive (which I've never done before) and I clicked yes. Then, my Outlook stopped working. It would not send or receive. The error message suggested that I run "scanpst.exe" on all my .pst files. I did and the repairs were completed.

I had too many emails, so I deleted some emails.

Currently, I can send emails, but can not receive any emails. I keep getting error message "0x80004005 Operation failed".

I scanned my whole laptop via NOD32; nothing.
    I created new email profile; still can not receive emails.

I can send email but not receive. Please help. Thanks.

2. Dirizhor

Dirizhor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice