1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot register dll,s or ActiveX

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by paulbristow, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulbristow

paulbristow Thread Starter

It seems that for what ever reason I do not have the correct permissions to register ActiveX controls or dll,s this has come to light when trying to install Flash8.ocx and also Microsoft Anti Spyware.

I am running Windows XP Home SP2 I am also logged on as an administrator I have tried numerous options to get this corrected as follows:

1. Checked permissions on main reg keys (regedit32).
    2. "regsvr32" tried to register files but fails, with the following message:
    Dll ReigisterServer in Flash8.ocx failed return code was: 0x0070005
    3. Checked for Spyware/Adaware
    4. Used "Dependency Walker V21_x86" to indentify process against Flash8.ocx
    which did show up some missing dll namely MSJAVA.DLL and EFSSADU.DLL these I replaced but on the next run it showed that MPR.DLL had an error and came up with the following message:

“Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.”
    At this stage I could go no further as I do not have a clue on the repair (MPR.DLL) as this dll is in place and the correct version.

Microsoft AntiSpyware started to install but quit as to many errors trying to register dll's

As you can see this is a problem beyond me, can anybody help (please)

Paul

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!