1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot reinstall graphics card or sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjknight0380, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mjknight0380

mjknight0380 Thread Starter

I decided to reformat my computer as it had pretty much ground to a standstill- this seemed to go okay. However, I appear to have lost the cd with my drivers on. I was able to find the driver for my wireless modem and get that working, however I cannot seem to get my graphics card to work

I have been to the website of the manufacture (Mesh- I got the laptop in August 2004) and looking at tge original invoice the graphics card is a 128MB DDR ATI mobility Radeon M11 9700, I am not sure what the sound card is.

However, when I try to download the driver off the ATI website and run it I get a message saying that there is not compatible hardware installed.

From device manager I can only see a yellow question mark next to a few devices, however I cannot identify the sound card or graphics card from the list. What do I do?

I have tried to use driveragent.com but it seems to automatically close down windows.

I am running windows XP home (which I have just reinstalled) and put in SP 2.

Any one able to help? (simple terms please, I am quite an amateur)

Thanks,

Matt

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

You need to install the Chipset drivers first . . either from the Motherboard CD or downloading from the manufacturer. Once you load the chipset drivers, the others should load fine.

3. mjknight0380

I am not quite sure I understand- from the motherboard manufacture or from ATI?

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Chipset drivers are best if from the motherboard manufacturer

5. mjknight0380

Sorry- am a real dunce with computers! The motherboard is as below- do I download the chipsets direct from their site? Thank you for your help- Matt

Board: MTC Montara-GML FAB-2
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Insyde Software Corporation R1.08 06/21/2004

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

MTC Montara-GML FAB-2 does not compute as a motherboard . .

Try ging to the Mesh support site for the drivers for your model

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/569959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice