1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot reload ME on a reformatted disk

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by boyjamie, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boyjamie

boyjamie Thread Starter

I erased windows ME from the hardrive on my hp pavilion and loaded SuSE Linux when I reloaded ME from the startup disks it asked me if I wanted to erase hardrive and reformat. I said yes and the startup disks seem to load ok but when it went to reboot all i got was a black screen with the 2 letters on it ..... li ..... it won't let me type on this screen or anything else...i've tried my boot disk and it just gives me options to reload. when i try those commands the cpu says no previous sessions to reload. If i start it in safe mode it just goes to black screen when i give a boot command. Suggestions anyone?!? Please help me...pretty please

2. marklab

marklab

Have you tried to boot with a windows 98 or ME bootdisk? You can download one here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm . Make sure you also download Fdisk. Then boot using the disk. Use Fdisk to partition the drive. Reboot using the disk again and reformat. Then reboot 1 more time and install ME.

3. boyjamie

boyjamie Thread Starter

I am still having problems with this.... I tried using a boot disk and got a non-disk error, can any please help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice