1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot remove RegClean Pro form Windows Vista

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mattlt, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattlt

mattlt Thread Starter

Jan 16, 2012
    when I try to uninstall RegClean Pro in Programs and Features, I get the message "Messages file "C:\Program Files\ReGClean Pro\ unins000.msg' is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program." I have tried removing the dll files from the registry using the command line, but have gottene rror messages form this as well.
  2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Mar 9, 2009
    Try the free Revo Uninstaller.

I wonder if RegClean Pro was stupid enough to delete its own files?!? :D

You should definitely avoid Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... This type of software will do a lot more harm than good. Most members coming here with WEIRD symptoms had their computer messed up by malware and/or registry cleaners. There have been reports from members saying registry cleaners had fixed a specific problem with their computer. Although it might be possible in some cases, legitimate files still in use will be deleted in the process, crippling some programs and Windows applications beyond repair.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows install! In itself, this should be enough to convince non-believers...

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

Do I Need a Windows Registry Cleaner?

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Jan 9, 2005
    In addition to the above - if the un-install file is missing, [unins000.msg] you may need to re-install and then un-install using their un-install file.
    Check first if it shows up in Revo Uninstaller.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036597