Cannot rename or remove "disable" from "user"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DCM1519

Something happened today and I can no longer access my regular "user" account.

There are five "users" showing in the MMC program in Windows 7 and only one is working. The problem with this is that it does not contain any of the information and links that I use daily.

The accounts are as follows;

Administrator (disabled)
D (not disabled)
DCM (disabled)
Guest (disabled)
Homegroupuser$ (not disabled)

I cannot remove the "disabled" status or rename any of these users. An error pops up saying "access denied".

Is there some way to do this that I have not found?

I tried "googleing" this but did nothave any luck.

Thanks

how many people are using this PC? ask them if they did any thing to it. and if they put in a password

DCM1519

I am the only user and it happened yesterday after I disabled one of the accounts. Now, I cannot enable that account which is the one I need the most.

Thanks

DCM1519

I disabled them because all of a sudden, several accounts showed up at boot up and I did not want to have to select one every time.

I have followed the instructions on the Microsoft site and it does not work. I still get the "access denied" message with no explanation.

Luckily, I have a two week old drive image and may just run that because I will lose no data but may have to update a couple of programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online