1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot retrieve email attachment

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Charlton, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Charlton

Charlton Thread Starter

Hello All,

I'm running MS Outlook and recently I have trouble getting an email attachment. the attachment may be a bit large.

How can I increase the size in the program settings so I would be able to get it? Or the problems may be the ISP?

Let me know......

Thanks in advance.
    Charlton

2. Melodi

Melodi

Well this has been out here for an hour with no response, so as an outlook user I can say that I can get very large files, I can receive up to a 4 mg file, as that is the biggest my ISP will allow. I run outlook at work also and i've received bigger files than that. You may want to ask your ISP what is the max size they will allow.

And if I am wrong, someone will be along shortly to correct me :D

3. Charlton

Charlton Thread Starter

Thanks Melodi, I will check with the ISP.

4. RandyG

RandyG

You're not wrong Melodi.

Charlton, check with them, but be prepared for them to delete it if it is bigger than they allow. They will do this, because the large mail will create a bottleneck, not only for youre mails, but eventually for all the mails going through their servers.

If they do, then contact whoever sent you the mail, and if they can break it up, tell them to, otherwise tell them to upload it to a site where you can download it.

5. mobo

mobo

And depending on the type of attachment it may be splittable and sent in parts or compress it with winzip.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice