cannot right click on taskbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sam15

hello. i have a strange problem, i cannot right mouse click on my taskbar. i can on the quick launch area, but not on windows i have open or the other part or anything. can somebody hook me up with a fix for this, or can you reccommend me something to do. it's very distrubing and annoying like this. thanks you alot.

~Sam

EDIT: Oh, and I use windows XP.

sam15

ah, i guess it's not possible. it must be, please tell me if you know.

sam15

just say I want to close this window fast, but i don't have it open I can't. I have to click the cross up the top. when i try i right click and nothing happens no little menu thing appears, I really have no idea where it went. thanks people.

XP supports right clicking.

Either your Windows Explorer or windows system files are damaged, or something unusual has occurred.

Run System File Check (sfc /scannow)

sam15

kiwiguy said:
XP supports right clicking.

Either your Windows Explorer or windows system files are damaged, or something unusual has occurred.

Run System File Check (sfc /scannow)
how do i do that? and if it is a missing file, will it fix it?

sam15

okay, i got it. i need no more help. this can be locked. thanks anyway.

Would you mind telling me what solved your problem?? Because i face the same exact thing at my friend's computer. Not able to right-click any windows on the taskbar and in order to restore one of them i have to minimise all the others.... :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online