1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot "save as," "browse," or "open."

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zeris2, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeris2

zeris2 Thread Starter

This has been happening the majority of the time for the last week or so. I've scanned for viruses, spyware, etc., but that isn't the problem. Whenever I try to save as, nothing happens. The hour glass comes up for about a half a second and then nothing happens. The same when I try to click browse or when I try to open a file, like pictures. This has never happened before except the last few days. I had a problem with spyware, but I've since installed zone alarm and firefox instead of IE explorer, which I had to do because I was getting an error on IE and it wouldn't open. I hope someone can help. Thank you.

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Welcome to the forum.

1. Which version of Windows, to include SP?

2. Did the problem begin after installing / removing hardware / software, to include updates to AV & Windows?
    2a. When was Windows last updated?
    2b. Is your computer set to obtain Windows updates automatically?

3. Which tools did you use to scan for malware?

4. Can't save as, browse or open. Please explain. For example, what can't you open? Can you open notepad, type a few words, then save the file?

5. What kind of problems were you having with IE?

You're welcomed.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice