1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot see HDD after Windows 98 reinstall

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dosdummy, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dosdummy

dosdummy Thread Starter

Hello All
    I have an older Celeron 466 running Win98 with 2 hard drives - Primary Master is a Maxtor 10.8GB and Primary Slave is a Seagate 20GB (partitioned into D, E, & F - the CD drive is, or was, G). I recently had to reinstall Win98SE from the original disk, and now cannot see my second drive. Both HD's are there in the BIOS, but the 2nd HD is not there in My Computer or Explorer. I tried running Seagate Disk Wizard, but it requires a format and re-partition during the install process, and I don't want to do this as I will lose all info on the drive.
    If I run Seagates DDLOADER.BIN from A: and then continue to boot normally, all is well and I can use everything as I used to. I tried running this file from Autoexec.bat and from Config.sys but no joy.
    Can anyone tell me how to get this file to load from the C: drive, or any other way to make this drive readable without having to format it?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice