Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannot see my downloaded files

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  robaldo 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to Vista after buying a new PC, i have now just downloaded iTunes 4 times to a folder on my hard-drive and each time its not appearing (3 times to d drive and 1 time to desktop)

Is there a reason or something preventing my downloaded file from saving? each time its got to 100% and seems like its downloaded fine.

thanks

#4 ·
yeh I save all the files.

The D:/ drive is just another hard drive, I have a small acer pc with in total 140gb but it's in 2 drives, 1 70gb and another 70gb.

but wherever I save, I 'save' and the files just dont appear. I though maybe a permissions problem so i downloaded iTunes into a folder I set the permissions so I could read, write etc.. but still the same problem. It downloads the whole file but it just doesnt seem to be there. I also tried viewing hidden files but again nothing shows.

Is it a Vista problem or a problem with Internet Explorer? It came on the PC but I can't uninstall it and then download again because I just can't save or run files I download.

#9 ·
robaldo,
Give us a screen shot of the window that you are using to do the "Save" file that shows the path that it is going to use!
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

As you can see, I save to the desktop, when the file finishes and it looks like it copies, then it disappears. When i download again to the same location, it does the same, and it doesnt say anything like 'this file already exists' so the file isnt hidden or anything

#19 ·
Try a reset of IE7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If that doesn't work, instead of Save try Run with the Firefox 3.0 setup. If you can get Firefox installed that way maybe it can download stuff.
No they dont work. I downloaded the file again, when it's copying when finished downloading it appears then just disappears.

I will also say that i downloaded firefox 3 from work and that also does the same. I was just downloading the firefox file as an example to what happens when i download files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.