1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot see video when logging into network remotely

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kathrynhodge, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kathrynhodge

kathrynhodge Thread Starter

Running alpha com to allow windows computer to acces my linux box. Working great. Using PC Anywhere to access this network via broadband connection. Security cameras on system at the network location, but when on from remote location, the video won't show up. Would like to be able to stream the video and burn the security films to DVD, but I need to be able to view the cameras in real time remotely. Any suggestions?

2. Rockn

Rockn

3. kathrynhodge

OK, so can this be done another way, say with web cams? I want to be able to record at one location the security video from five locations, I'm just not sure how to accomplish it. Any suggestions?

4. kathrynhodge

How do we rewrite the software, as Symantic suggests, to not use Video Caching, and will that solve the problem? Do I need to rework the network using something other than PC Anywhere, and is PC Anywhere the problem?

5. Rockn

Rockn

I don't think any remot access software will do what you are attempting to do. There are pieces of software that will allow you to view remote web cams via IP address in a web browser. I'll have to locate the link to the software I am thinking about. You need something like a webcam server setup....here's the link to the one I was referring to:

http://www.el-software.com/Multimedia/Webcam_XP_Pro.htm

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/134205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice