1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot send e-mail

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by badtone, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. badtone

badtone Thread Starter

I have windows xp ,internet explorer 7,service pack 3 and outlook express 6 .
    when i try to send e-mail i get error code 0x800ccc0e. I don't know if it makes any
    difference but i also have AVG 8 FREE edition , spybot search & destroy , C Cleaner
    and spamfighter. My microsoft updates are on automatic , as a result of which i am
    not sure if the beginning of this problem coincided with the installation of service pack 3.
    Internet searches to solve this problem all seem to direct me to registry fixers, but what do these do and if this is the way to go, whose should i use ?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. badtone

badtone Thread Starter

thank you for your advice .i had to call my server provider for a password and between us we completely reconfigured my e-mail account . unfortunately this did not help , having exhausted all other options it seems that my outlook express is corrupt and i must find a way to uninstall it and download a new one .thanks again , badtone

4. ~Candy~

5. badtone

badtone Thread Starter

i have uninstalled my spam blocker , my anti virus software that had an e-mail scanner and everything else that had any sort of link to outlook express 6 . in addition to this i have completely reconfigured my e-mail account . none of these things has changed the fault that
    i am experiencing ( i can receive but not send e-mails ). since it seems to be all that remains , i would like to know how to uninstall outlook express 6 so that i can download a new one . i hope that someone can help with this , many thanks , badtone

6. vicks

vicks

Go to www.microsoft.com/support. for changing OE.
    Have you talked to your ISP about the problem. I use Windstream.net (used to be Alltel.net) and periodically have a similar problem and have to work with them to correct it.
    By all means, get your anti virus back.. dangerous to go on line without one. Also, get a spyware blocker/removal program or two. I recommend SpyBot search and destroy and lava soft's ad-aware. both are available free at www.majorgeeks.com or www.download.com.

vicks

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi badtone

I have merged your posts to one thread.
    Please do not create duplicate threads.
    Continue replies for this issue in this thread.

Please post the complete exact error message you are receiving when attempting to send messages in Outlook Express.

8. ~Candy~

I posted a link that addressed his email error.

9. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

Is this the email account provided by your ISP or is it a different domain?

Some years back many ISPs began blocking forwarding or port 25 SMTP traffic to help combat spam. This was frustrating to those who used other mail providers than their ISP such as their web site host; but there were workarounds such as changing to a secure login and port 465

More recently, many ISPs have begun filtering outgoing mail and checking the header. If you use a different email account in the from line you must login to your primary account web interface and add that email address to the list of verified addresses. They will email a confirmation to that email address which you must receive and click a verification link to confirm that you own both addresses.

Other than that the previously provided link
    http://computerquestionhelp.com/blo...ror-0x800CCC0E-mean-and-how-can-i-fix-it.html
    is your best explanation.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!