1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot send emails from Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SVTCobraLTD, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVTCobraLTD

SVTCobraLTD Thread Starter

Below is a copy of the error message I receive, my settings have not changed at all and they are the exact same when I am at work. I can send emails from work, just not from home.

Code:
    The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'XXXX', Server: 'smtp.XXXXXXXX.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    Anyone have a similar error? I am using Comcast at home and Verizon at work.

Comcast told me each time I talked to them to use port 587 instead of 25, but when I do that, I get a different error.

2. sidney990

sidney990

Hi,
    I had the same problem around 3 years ago, I can send e-mails from work and then when i brought my laptop from work to my home i wouldn't be able to send any e-mails.
    All this has to do with your outgoing mail (options). DO NOT change your incoming, and where it says outgoing type: smtp.comcast.net
    also do not change the ports. So, you have to use 2 outgoings, one when you are at work (with verizon) and another one when you are at home: smtp.comcast.net.
    Sorry but there is not only one outgoing, that would be perfect, but not everything is perfect.
    I hope it works for you,

Sidney.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice